As part of the NHS response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have made changes to the services we provide
All children, young people and families covered by the service will be offered support to enable their child to access special schools.
This will include assessment and care planning and supporting education staff with medication administration, enteral feeding packages and respiratory packages. Advice, support and training will be provided to schools to assist with managing long term conditions such as asthma, diabetes and epilepsy.
Support is also provided for continence and enuresis, emotional health and wellbeing and behaviour with onward referral to other services as required. We work closely with other professionals such as Dieticians, Paediatricians, Physiotherapists, Speech Therapists, GPs and the wider community.
The service will provide advice and reports for Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs), continuing healthcare assessments and the provision of Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND) including transition planning.
Initial contact/ referrals should be made via email at email@example.com and they will be signposted to an appropriate team member.
Who can use the service?
It is available to all children, young people and families attending a local authority Staffordshire special school (excluding Stoke-on-Trent). Advice and support can be given to independent special schools but there may be a cost involved.
North Staffordshire Special Needs School Nursing
- Newfriars College, Newcastle-under-Lyme
- Blackfriars Special School, Newcastle-under-Lyme
- Merryfields School, Newcastle-under-Lyme
- The Coppice School, Newcastle-under-Lyme
- Horton Lodge School, Leek
- The Meadows School, Leek
- Springfields Community Special School, Leek
- Cicely Haughton School, Wetley Rocks
- Loxley Hall School, Armitage
- Loxley Hall School, Loxley, Uttoxeter
- Fountains High School, Burton-upon-Trent
- Fountains Primary School, Burton-upon-Trent
- Greenhall Nursery School, Stafford
- Marshlands Primary School, Stafford
- Walton Hall Academy, Eccleshall
South Staffordshire Special Needs School Nursing
- Queen's Croft High School, Lichfield
- Rocklands Special School, Lichfield
- Chasetown Community School, Burntwood
- Saxon Hill School, Lichfield
- Sherbrook Primary School, Cannock
- Hednesford Valley High School
- Cherry Trees School, Wombourne
- Wightwick Hall School, Wolverhampton
- Two Rivers High School, Tamworth
- Two Rivers Primary School, Tamworth