The Palliative and End of Life Service aims to keep patients in their preferred place of care and strives to achieve the highest quality outcomes for patients and their families.
The service includes:
- Streamlined and accessible end of life services
- Co-ordination of supportive care, i.e; day and night sits, respite to community hospital for symptom management, carer crisis
- Co-ordination of fast track assessments, sourcing care packages
- A central, first point of contact for community services for health and social care professionals, patients, their families and carers
- Problem solving, i.e. equipment, continence supplies
- Timely provision of services to reduce inappropriate admissions to and facilitate discharge from hospitals
- Expert support in palliative care clinical decision making
Palliative Care & End of Life Services Contact Details
Phone numbers, fax and email
Newcastle under Lyme,
Hours of service: 09:00 to 20:00, Monday to Sunday.