The Tissue Viability Service provides specialist assessment, advice and support on all aspects of preventative wound care as well as specialist advice for complex wounds.
The service is offered to individuals in the community, community hospitals, mental health services, nursing and residential homes, GP practices and prisons across Staffordshire and parts of Shropshire. The service also supports the local acute trust vascular outpatient clinics. It encompasses all age ranges, ethnic groups and clients with physical, mental health and learning disabilities.
The service includes:
- Management of patients with acute, hard to heal or complex wounds
- Prevention and management of pressure ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers and ulcerations of the lower leg including those associated with chronic oedema
- The management of patients with wounds of complex aetiology such as malignant wounds, burns, sinuses or fistulas
- Management of patients requiring complex interventions such as Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (commonly known as VAC/NPWT) and conservative sharp debridement.
- Education, research, policy/guideline development and service improvement.
Tissue Viability Contact Details
North Service South Service
Bradwell Hospital Armitage Clinic
Talke Road Shropshire Brook Road
ST5 7NL WS15 4UZ
Telephone: 0300 123 0905 ext 6125 Telephone: 01889 571435
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com