Minor Injuries Unit
The Minor Injuries Unit provides the first point of call for assessment of minor injury and illness.
The unit is open every day between 8am and 8pm and provides an excellent nurse-led minor injury and minor illness facility - no appointment is needed.
Telephone: 0300 123 1894.
The unit can also be contacted through the Access Line - 08456 003 003
Services provided include:
- Advice for bites, stings allergy related issues
- Advice/treatment for muscle and joint injuries e.g. sprains & strains.
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment for broken bones/fractures
- Emergency contraception and advice
- Examination and advice can be given for a variety of problems however; patients with long standing chest and heart conditions should see their own doctor
- Treatment for ear, throat, urine, eye and some skin infections
- Wounds requiring insertion/removal of stitches and special care
- X-Ray facilities (Monday - Friday 08:30 - 12:30. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 13:30 - 17:00)
Outpatient services and clinics
Outpatient services and clinics provided at Leek Moorlands Hospital.
- Back Pain (consultant)
- Blood Counselling (nurse)
- Blood monitoring (nurse)
- Cardiology Clinic (consultant)
- Carers Hub
- Colorectal and General Surgery Clinic (consultant)
- Diabetes Clinic (care technician)
- Diabetes Clinic (consultant)
- Diabetes Clinic (nurse)
- Diabetic Eye Screening Clinic
- District Nurses Clinic
- ENT Clinics (consultants)
- Eye Clinic (consultants)
- General Surgery/lumps and bumps Clinic (consultant)
- Gynaecology Clinics (consultants)
- Impact Pain (consultant)
- INR Clinics (Warfarin) nurse
- Memory Clinics (consultants)
- MS Clinic (Neurology) (consultant)
- Musculoskeletal (consultant)
- Neurology Parkinson's Disease Clinic (Specialist Nurse)
- Oxygen Clinic (nurse)
- Paediatrics Clinic (consultant)
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Clinics (nurse)
- Renal Clinic (consultant)
- Respiratory Clinic (nurse)
- Rheumatology (consultants)
- Rheumatology (nurse specialist)
- Rheumatology Clinics
- Speech Therapy
- Spirometry Clinic (nurse)
Monday - Thursday, 08:00 - 17:00
Friday - 08:00 - 16:30
Parking and Access
Parking is free, but there is a Number Plate Recognition system in use at this site. You must register your car number plate, at main reception when you arrive via the iPad to avoid a fine.
There is a 30-minute grace period, during which, no fine will be issued.
There is disabled access to the building, with dedicated parking.
All outpatient facilities have disabled access and facilities.