SERVICE NOTICE: The Minor Injuries Unit at Leek Moorlands Hospital is temporarily closed.
Opening hours for the Walk-in Centre at Haywood Hospital in Stoke-on-Trent are being extended to 7am-9.30pm every day (the centre was previously open from 9am on weekends). Patients are also able to access the Community Pharmacy at Haywood Hospital.
The Minor Injuries Unit provides the first point of call for assessment of minor injury and illness.
The unit is open every day between 8am and 8pm and provides an excellent nurse-led minor injury and minor illness facility - no appointment is needed.
Telephone: 0300 123 1894.
The unit can also be contacted through the Access Line - 08456 003 003
Services provided include:
- Advice for bites, stings allergy related issues
- Advice/treatment for muscle and joint injuries e.g. sprains & strains.
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment for broken bones/fractures
- Emergency contraception and advice
- Examination and advice can be given for a variety of problems however; patients with long standing chest and heart conditions should see their own doctor
- Treatment for ear, throat, urine, eye and some skin infections
- Wounds requiring insertion/removal of stitches and special care
- X-Ray facilities (Monday - Friday 8.30am-12.30pm. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 1.30pm-5pm)