Healthy Communities Lifestyle Service
Staffordshire Healthy Communities programme is a Staffordshire County Council Commissioned Service run by Everyone Health. The service offers individual and group support to help adults improve the physical activity levels, lose weight and stop smoking. You can find out more about what’s available and who can access the service at Everyone Health Staffordshire or by phoning 0333 005 0095
- All Staffordshire residents aged 18+ can access Everyone Health’s physical activity offer
- All pregnant women and their partners can access the Everyone Health smoking cessation service
- All Staffordshire residents aged 40+ can access the Everyone Health smoking cessation service
- Weight management support is now available to all residents aged 18+
Active My Way
Active My Way is one stop shop for local information on how and where you can get active, including a searchable database of opportunities and online video’s.
Staffordshire Connects is an information hub on local services and support for adult physical and mental wellbeing. You can search by place and by the type of help you are looking for.
ORCHA is a free tool to search for health and care apps. It provides a simple and consistent approach to rating all health apps based on their clinical effectiveness, data security and the user experience. ORCHA is available to anyone with access to the internet and smart phone. Apps can be used alongside an existing care pathway or as a stand-alone tool to help people improve any aspect of their health and wellbeing.
Stop Smoking Services (Stoke-on-Trent)
The Stoke-on-Trent Stop Smoking Service offers free friendly face-to-face support together with stop smoking medicines such as chewing gum and patches (on prescription) to support smokers to quit. Trained advisors are available in a variety of settings across the City, providing weekly support to people who want to quit smoking.
- The service also has a specialist smoking in pregnancy service available to support pregnant women to help quit smoking.
- The service is available to anyone who lives, works or who is registered with a GP in Stoke-on-Trent.
- Please call 0800 085 0928 or text “stokequit” to 60777 for free help and support.
- The Smokefree Families Service offers up to 12 weeks of telephone behavioural support and self-help materials to support individuals and families in Stoke-on-Trent who want to make their homes Smokefree.
- The service is available to any resident of Stoke-on-Trent (aged over 16) who allows smoking in their home. To access the Smokefree Homes Service contact 0800 085 0928 or text ”sfhome” to 66777.
Guidance resources and information about local services that can help all Shropshire residents improve their wellbeing can be found at Healthy Shropshire . The website includes a searchable directory of services that covers all aspects of wellbeing.
Together all is an online mental health and wellbeing service and is available across the population of Shropshire for anyone over the aged 16 or over.
Together all offers a range of activities that allow you to work through what's troubling you.
- Community: Forums where people help people. Share your thoughts and join a Talkabout alongside fellow members to share and discuss what's on your mind, gain support and advice. There are also Drawings tools to enable the creative expression of difficult emotions. The support of others experiencing similar issues is proven as a highly effective intervention tool.
- Courses - In addition to the community, members have access to a wealth of resources and self-help courses covering all mental health and lifestyle topics from ‘Coping with Grief and Loss, to Problem Solving, Health Anxiety and ‘How to stop Procrastinating’.
- Resources: access to a library of articles which can help you understand more about how you are feeling, learn new skills and improve your wellbeing, as well as Self-assessments, widely used in healthcare settings, to understand more about yourself and to track your progress, as well as online journaling and action trackers to personalize your journey.
Joining the service is easy – we call this self-referral, providing no barriers to access, i.e. you don’t have to make yourself known that you need access to support, you simply visit our website and register using your postcode.
Telford & Wrekin Healthy Lifestyles Team
If you live or work in Telford and Wrekin, the Healthy Lifestyles team are here to support you. Healthy Lifestyles Advisors and Practitioners provide a free and confidential service to motivate, encourage and support people to make changes to improve their health and wellbeing. They work with you to identify and help you achieve small changes that can make a big difference.
We are here to help you if you a looking to:
- lower your blood pressure
- lower your cholestrol
- reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes
- manage your weight
- be more active
- improve your wellbeing
- quit smoking
Visit the Healthy Telford website for more information about how one Telford resident benefited from using the Healthy Lifestyles Service or email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01952 382582
The Healthy Telford website provides information and advice on all aspects of wellbeing including information on local services and where you can go for help.
Live Well Telford
Live Well Telford is an all age online community directory where you can search for local serivces, advice and information.
Hampshire Healthy Families
Hampshire Healthy Families provides information resources, advice and signposting to services for all aspect of family health and wellbeing including health visiting services, immunisations and local activities for children and young people.
Smoke Free Hampshire
There is a comprehensive smoking cessation service available through Smoke Free Hampshire. Visit the website for further details. You can self-refer on this service by clicking here, call our Quitline on 01264 563039 or text Quit to 66777.
Health professionals, please continue to refer patients through the website.
Weight Management Services
Hampshire County Council have a range of commissioned services to help people lose weight. Eligibility criteria do apply to each of the services. Further information can be found on their weight management website
Primary Care Network (PCN) Social Prescribers and Health & Wellbeing Coaches
Local primary care networks are developing an extended workforce to provide a wider range of services to keep their communities well and improve the support and management of patients across the local health system. As part of this work some PCN’s are recruiting Health and Wellbeing Coaches to support people achieve positive changes in their lifestyle and improve how they manage health conditions. Health coaches will work alongside Social Prescribers and Community Connectors who can help patients access other local services and support they need. Patients and service users will need to enquire with their GP if this service is available to them as coverage varies across each area.
Self Help - One You
One You is a national NHS and Public Health England campaign and resource that aims to support people to improve their lifestyles and live well. One You provides tips, tools, support and encouragement every step of the way, to help people make small but manageable changes to their lifestyle. The website provides access to a range of Apps and information that anyone can access.