Customer Services Team

Your experience matters and we are here for you, waiting for your feedback.

Our Customer Services Team aims to:

  • Advise and support service users, carers and families.
  • Provide information on NHS and adult social care services.
  • Listen to your concerns, suggestions or queries.
  • Be open to any comments or suggestions you may have and we’ll be delighted to receive your compliments.
  • Help to sort out problems quickly on your behalf, and put you in touch with other sources of help.


How do I Make a Complaint?

Stage 1 – Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)

The PALS Team will listen to your concerns or complaints and advise how they will be able to help. The team provides information and “on-the-spot-help” to service users and carers. PALS will work to resolve any concerns promptly and will take measures to ensure that, where appropriate, policies and working practices are amended so that the issues do not arise again.

All concerns are important to us and treated in a confidential manner, ensuring that your concern does not affect your current or future treatment.

By listening to and acting on service users' and carers' comments, the aim of PALS is to be influential in improving standards of care.

You can also contact PALS if you wish to let us know if you are satisfied with our services.

How to contact PALS to make a suggestion, comment or compliment, or to raise a concern or complaint

Due to COVID-19 the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is working remotely.

We have an expanded team of PALS call-handlers in place during this time who will aim to call you back within 24 hours.

You will be able to leave a voice message on FREEPHONE 0800 783 2865. Please leave your FULL NAME and CONTACT NUMBER only or alternatively email with this information and we will get back to you. 

The PALS team will be returning calls between 8am to 6pm, 5 days per week (Monday to Friday).

We will not be able to collect post from our PALS offices (Mellor House and Morston House) during this time.

We will aim to resolve concerns as quickly as possible. Please accept our apologies that we are not able to run our services as normal during these unprecedented times.

PALS will be unable to assist any individual who is already pursuing the Formal Complaints process with the same issue. Additionally, PALS is unable to deal with any matter relating to a breach in the law or Trust policy.


Stage 2 - Formal Complaints

We try to resolve all complaints as quickly and efficiently as possible and this is often via the PALS Team. However, you have a right to make a formal complaint without going through the Stage 1 process above or you may be unhappy with the response you received initially. You can of course in this instance request that your concerns or complaints are dealt with formally.

We are a learning organisation and complaints are really important to us; they help us to identify faults or areas for improvements.

We treat any complaint seriously and in complete confidence, ensuring your complaint does not affect your current or future treatment.

If you would like to make a complaint, this should normally be made within twelve months of the event you wish to complain about, or within twelve months of the date you found out about the problem. To do this, please complete the "Complaints, Concerns and Compliments" form at the bottom of this page.

We aim to:

  • acknowledge your complaint either verbally or in writing within three working days following the date of receipt and will arrange for an Investigating Officer to contact you to discuss your concerns further
  • investigate all issues raised with respect, fairness, confidentiality and without prejudice to the service user
  • provide a full response by the method you would prefer, within the agreed timescale. If your preferred method of response is verbal (by telephone or a meeting), the content of this discussion will be confirmed in writing

If you remain dissatisfied with our response or would like clarification, we can arrange for a senior officer of the Trust or the Investigating Officer to contact you.

Complaints about NHS service provision

As an alternative to making a complaint to the Trust directly, you may wish to contact NHS England or your local Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). Further information can be obtained by visiting:

or by contacting the Customer Services Department on Freephone 0800 783 2865.

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

After we have taken all possible action to resolve your complaint locally, if you still remain dissatisfied, you can refer your complaint for consideration to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, by writing to:

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Complaints Helpline Telephone No: 0345 015 4033



You can also contact the Health Service Ombudsman from a textphone on 0300 061 4298 if you are deaf or have problems using a standard telephone.

NHS Complaints Advocacy

If you would like support in making your complaint, an Advocacy organisation may help you to do this. The Customer Services Team would be happy to provide you with this information but we hope you will find the details below helpful.

Staffordshire residents

Healthwatch Staffordshire provides a free, independent and confidential health complaints advocacy service for residents of Staffordshire. This is a free service which offers some assistance with guiding you through the NHS Complaints process. Healthwatch Staffordshire is a specialist advocacy agency, with immense experience and can be contacted on 0800 161 5600. Information can be found here:

This information leaflet is produced by Healthwatch Staffordshire:

Healthwatch Staffordshire - NHS Complaints Advocacy booklet.pdf

Shropshire residents

Healthwatch Shropshire provide a free, independent and confidential health complaints advocacy service for residents of Shropshire. This is a free service which offers some assistance with guiding you through the NHS Complaints process. Healthwatch Shropshire is a specialist advocacy agency, with immense experience and can be contacted on 01743 237884. Information can be found here:

Telford & Wrekin Residents

Telford & Wrekin Independent Complaints Advocacy Service, delivered by POhWER, provides independent advocacy to support people who wish to make a complaint about an NHS funded service. Anyone who is considering making a complaint about NHS care or treatment can download self-help information, including a guide to writing a complaint letter from POhWER’s website:

People who need more information, advice or support can contact POhWER’s Help Hub on 0300 456 2370

For more information about POhWER services in Telford & Wrekin please visit or contact POhWER via:

  • Telephone: 0300 456 2370
  • Text: send the word ’pohwer’ with your name and number to 81025
  • Email: 
  • Post: PO Box 14043, Birmingham, B6 9BL

For residents outside Staffordshire and Shropshire

Healthwatch Staffordshire is able to signpost you to your local confidential health complaints advocacy service. This is a free service which offers assistance with guiding you through the NHS Complaints process and can be contacted on 0800 161 5600 as above.

Feedback on the Service Received from Customer Services

If you have been in contact with the Customer Services Department, please fill in this short questionnaire regarding the service you received.

Care Quality Commission

If you are a service user detained under the Mental Health Act, as an alternative to using the Trust's Complaint's Procedure, you can ask the Care Quality Commission to take forward your concerns. An explanatory leaflet is available on all wards.

Complaints, Concerns and Compliments Form

You should be aware that this web form is not a secure method of transferring information. We are not able to guarantee the security of personal or confidential information submitted through this form  before we receive the information. Is this technically correct?

The information submitted using this form will be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Controller is Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. The Trust will not disclose such information to any unauthorised person or body but, where appropriate, will use such information in responding to your complaint. The Trust will store this data in an electronic format and may also use this data in connection with the prevention or detection of fraud or other crime.

Service User's Address (if known)
Your Address

Get in Contact

Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Trust Headquarters, St. George's Hospital, Corporation Street, Stafford ST16 3SR


Switchboard number

0300 790 7000
(staffed 24 hours a day, every day)

Quick Contact Form

Hide this section
Show accessibility tools