To support the preparations for Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have made changes to the services we provide
The Infection Prevention and Control team provides practical, clinical advice and guidance to staff and service users on related issues. This team operates in a number of areas across the Trust.
- Education – providing a source of expertise to clinical and non-clinical staff, visitors and patients on all aspects of infection.
- Audit - we monitor aspects of care, for example: nursing practice, quality of cleaning and handwashing.
- Surveillance – monitoring trends and increases of MRSA, Clostridium Difficile, Bacteraemias and other HCAIs.
- Advice - to nurses, doctors and GPs by phone, pager and email. We also give advice to the public.
- Outbreaks – investigating causes of outbreaks and day to day advice on prevention and suppression.
- New initiatives - when products related to reducing infections are developed which may be of benefit to our patients, we trial them. If the trials are favourable then we work with the clinical teams to integrate them into our care provision.
- Policies – writing policies and procedures surrounding infection prevention and control with cooperation from clinical teams.