To support the preparations for Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have made changes to the services we provide
New temporary guidance for visitors
Visitor Guidance - updated 25 June
For inpatient sites at St Georges Hospital, The Redwoods Centre and Haywood Hospital
The health, safety and wellbeing of our patients, communities and individuals and teams remains our absolute priority.
- Before attending, visitors should contact the clinical area to discuss appropriate arrangements.
- The number of visitors at the bedside is limited to one close family contact or somebody important to the patient. However, where it is possible to maintain social distancing throughout the visit, a second additional visitor can be permitted in certain circumstances.
- Wards will provide visitors with an appointment slot in order to restrict the number at any one time in the ward (depending on ward layout) ensuring 2 metres distance where possible at all times.
- Visitors will be informed in advance about what to expect when they see the patient. They will also receive practical advice about social distancing, wearing personal protective equipment, handwashing and risks associated with the removal of gloves to hold hands.
- Visitors must wear masks or face coverings at all times - this will be supplied by the clinical area.
- Anyone showing symptoms of Coronavirus should not visit, even if these symptoms are mild or intermittent, due to the risk they pose to others.
- Where a face-to-face visit is not practical then a virtual visit will be supported and facilitated via the patient’s mobile phone or online via Microsoft Teams (visitors will be provided guidance on how to use this)
- People who are in attendance to support the needs of the patient (e.g. a familiar carer/ supporter/ personal assistant) will not be counted as an additional visitor.
- Where patients are being nursed in a cohort area, visiting is not permitted unless the patient is subjected to palliative or end of life care, or whether this may lead to deterioration in their mental health.