Referrals will only be accepted for children and young people of 0 – 18 years registered with a GP in the following locations:
- Stafford and Surrounds CCG
- Cannock Chase CCG
- South East Staffordshire and Seisdon Peninsula CCG
Out of area referrals are accepted based on specific need.
- Pain (foot, ankle, leg, knees, hips, “growing pains”)
- Abnormal gait
- Foot deformities
- Lower limb pathology / malfunction – associated with abnormal foot function
- Parental concern
Direct GP referral is the primary referral route, with indirect GP referrals from orthopaedic triage, rheumatology, health visitors, school nurses and physiotherapists (west locality) and PCOS (east locality.) Referral information is expected to provide sufficient triage information to evidence suitability for referral (in line with the above criteria) and to support prioritisation. Referrals are returned with a request for further information when necessary.
The Paediatric Podiatry Service only accept referrals from medical professionals which include but are not exclusive to:
- Health Visitors
- School Nurses
- Acute and Community Paediatric health services
- Other Allied Healthcare Professionals