To support the preparations for Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have made changes to the services we provide
The Community Nursing Service cares for patients who are housebound and unable to travel to their GP practice. District Nurses visit people in their own homes, aiming to avoid unnecessary admission to hospital.
What do we do?
- Provide comprehensive assessment and skilled nursing care tailored to the needs of each patient.
- Coach patients to encourage them to manage their conditions independently.
- Work closely with GPs, social and voluntary care, and Macmillan specialist nurses.
- Aim to support patients to gain independence in managing their health needs and provide teaching and support in various areas, including injection administration, pressure area care and self-help measures.
The nurses are not able to diagnose illness or infections and patients will still need to seek support from their GP if you are unwell.
How do people access the service?
You cannot self-refer into this service. If you are aged over 18 and recorded as housebound on your GP clinical record, then you can be referred into the service by your GP or any other health and social care professional.
If you’re not suitable for our service, then we may sign post you to other health care professionals who are more appropriate to meet your needs.
What can you expect if you are referred to this service?
Once we have received your referral from your GP or any other health care professional, this will be passed on to the District Nursing Sister to triage and contact will be made with you to arrange a visit.
You will be involved in your care planning and care needs. A full assessment will take place encouraging self care where possible. You will be treated with the upmost respect and dignity whilst we meet your care needs.
What locations does the service cover?
- Northgate Practice, Carters Square, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire ST14 7FN
- Balance Street Health Centre 2nd Floor Community Services, Balance Street, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire ST14 8JG
- Barton District Nursing Team, Short Lane, Barton Under Needwood, DE13 8LT
- Yoxall District Nursing Team, Yoxall Health Centre, Savvy Lane, Burton upon Trent, DE13 8PD
- Alrewas District Nursing Team, Alrewas Surgery, Exchange Road, Alrewas, DE13 7AS
- Burton Town district nursing teams: Wetmore, Winshall, King Street, Carlton Street Group, Bridge and Stapenhill, Peel Croft, Gordon Street, Stretton, Trent Meadows, All Saints
- Tutbury/ Dove River District Nursing Team, Draycott in the Clay, Lakeside Business Park, Unit 2, Main Road, Draycott in the Clay, DE6 5GZ