The service is made up of the universal team, the strengthening families team and specialist roles. In addition, our School Training Team are able to offer virtual awareness sessions to school staff on a variety of subjects - see the 'School Training Team' section below for further details.
To find out more about the individual roles visit our Meet the Team section.
All families will be offered:
- An antenatal contact from the Health Visiting team
- A new birth visit at home
- A 6 week development review in clinic
- A 9-12 month development review
- A 2 -2.5 year development review
- Reception health questionnaire
- Weight and measurement for children in reception and year 6 as part of the National Child Measurement Programme.
Families requiring extra support will have a named Health Visitor or School Nurse from the strengthening families team.
Parents and young people can refer themselves to our services by calling their local hub on the numbers below. They can also access our service by texting Chat Health within What we offer, or by attending one of our drop ins (Drop in schedule (5-19)) or Well Baby Clinics.
- Families' Health and Wellbeing - Spring 2021 (pdf)
- Families' Health and Wellbeing - Summer 2021 (pdf)
- Families' Health and Wellbeing - Autumn 2021 (pdf)
- Famiies' Health and Wellbeng - Winter Jan 2022 (pdf)
- Families' Health and Wellbeing - Spring 2022
- Families' Health and Wellbeing - Autumn Edition 2022 (pdf)
If you would like to refer someone to our service please complete and return our Families’ Health & Well Being Service (0-19) Referral Form to the relevant hub email address:
- East Hub, which covers East Staffs, Cannock, Rugeley, Lichfield and Tamworth localities - FHWS.email@example.com.
- West Hub, which covers Moorlands, Newcastle, South Staffs, Stafford and Stone localities - FHWS.firstname.lastname@example.org
For referrals from the midwifery service please complete the FHWS Midwifery Referral Form and return via the relevant hub email address.
If you are concerned about a child in Staffordshire please visit Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Board.
The Schools Training Team delivers virtual awareness sessions to school staff as part of the Families' Health and Wellbeing Service (0-19). For further information visit their dedicated section of this website Schools Training Team - Staffordshire County Council.