Local people have a great opportunity to find out more about Type 2 Diabetes. A Diabetes Education Bus will be visiting communities across South Staffordshire to offer information and advice on the condition, its treatment and the support available.
The bus will visit the following locations between 10am and 4pm:
- Stafford: Asda Monday 18th March 2019
- Cannock: Asda Supercentre Tuesday 19th March 2019
- Lichfield: Tesco Extra Wednesday 20th March 2019
- Tamworth: Sainsbury’s Thursday 21st March 2019
- Wombourne: Sainsbury’s Friday 22nd March 2019
- Monday 25th Newcastle-under-Lyme Town Centre 9-4pm
- Tuesday 26th Trentham Gardens Centre 9:30-4pm
- Wednesday 27th Morrison's in Leek 9-4pm
- Thursday 28th Tesco Extra Longton 9-4pm
- Friday 29th Hanley Town Centre 9-5pm
Sarah Orme, Diabetes Service Manager and Team Lead said “We are really pleased to be able to get out into our local communities. One in ten people over 40 in the UK is now living with a diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes, according to recent analysis by Diabetes UK. The figures show that there are 3.8 million people living with a diagnosis of diabetes in the UK, and 90 per cent of those with Type 2. Staff from Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust will be on the education bus and will offer information about our free DESMOND education programme, eye and foot care, dietary advice, emotional wellbeing services and local peer support groups. We encourage everyone to come along and find out more”.